Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Everest (PG-13)

My Rating: 70%
The Rotten Tomatoes: 72%
Audience Rating: 70%

Geez, how many movies about Mt. Everest do you need to make before you've decided that it's enough? Seriously though, there's a lot of these. Although I did like this movie. It was very realistic and engaging, and it was easy to understand and relate to most of the characters. Well...I guess "relate" is the wrong word, considering I'm a teenage girl and the people in this movie are like guys who are in their 40s. So...um...

...*forced cough*

ANYWAYS, I'll give a brief description of the movie, without spoilers, of course. Set in 1996, two climbers that were sent from different expeditions start their final ascent towards Mt. Everest, which is the highest point on Earth. Without warning, an extreme blizzard comes to the explorers, making it one of the most violent storms ever encountered by man. Challenged by these extremely harsh conditions and the high possibility of fatality, the teams of climbers must find a way to survive this epic battle given by Everest, against nearly impossible odds.

Photo courtesy of ukclimbing.com

Can you believe this movie is based on a true story? That's right. The actors in the movie are portraying the real climbers from a expedition to Mt. Everest. That is so crazy! I mean, I know people hike Mt. Everest all the time (well, not all the time), but still, it's hard to believe what's actually going on up there until you can see it yourself. This movie honestly showed you how dangerous it is to do things like this. I gotta be honest, the whole "risking your life just to go through the experience" thing isn't really for me. I'm fully aware though that a lot of people are into that stuff (like my Dad) so...I guess whatever floats your boat.

I decided to give this movie a 70% because don't get me wrong, it's a great movie and I definitely recommend that you see it, but I only gave it a 70% because it wasn't that original, and the plot definitely dragged at some points in the film. There were many moments were they waited around, talked with other people, etc. To me, it just didn't seem that necessary to add to the film. And since there was a lot of dragging...this movie ended up being SO. FREAKING. LONG. I mean, come on. It's 2hrs 30mins long!!! In my opinion, once you hit that 2 hour mark in a film, you really have to take a hint to stop. But of course...All of this is just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment