Pages

Friday, May 6, 2016

Zootopia (PG)

My Rating: 96%
The Rotten Tomatoes: 98%
Audience Rating: 94%

This movie was incredible! But can you expect anything less from Disney? This movie had it all. Great and original plot line, amazing character development, brilliant underlying themes that younger viewers won't catch on to but older viewers would, and the most amazing thing of all would be the unbelievable animation. I could go on about the animation all day. This entire blog post could be about the animation of this movie. Words cannot even describe how brilliant it was. But let me tell you this: Just for the characters, the animators would animate every single piece of fur they had, making it look unbelievably realistic. Every single animal in this movie had a different style to their fur. It was incredible to watch.

Photo courtesy of laughingplace.com

Now I will give a brief summary of the movie. From the largest elephant to the smallest shrew, the city of Zootopia is a mammal metropolis where various animals live and thrive. When Judy Hopps becomes the first rabbit to join the police force, she quickly learns how tough it is to enforce the law. Determined to prove herself, Judy jumps at the opportunity to solve a mysterious case. Unfortunately, that means working with Nick Wilde, which is a fox that makes her job even harder.

Like every Pixar and Disney film, this one's a tear jerker. The way they can always get to everyone in the audience is amazing. They had a lot of side themes in the movie that were really hilarious and very relatable. For example, Judy has to do some business at the DMV, and everybody who works there are sloths. I thought that was hilarious.

There was also something very interesting about this movie. If you look past all the cute animals and colorful main plot line, there's a deeper meaning to the whole movie. It's actually quite intriguing in my opinion, and I thought they showed this theme in a very unique way. I won't say what it is, because I think you should try to figure it out for yourself. But if you just pay attention to the overall lines the characters are given, and if you also pay attention to the roles the characters play, I'm sure you'll get it.

I would definitely go see Zootopia again. It was an amazing experience that I was very surprised to see. I can't wait to see more Disney/Pixar films in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment